Friday, June 6, 2014

Going Green...

Green velvet smoothie (kale, banana, and avocado)Don't tell my mother, but I think I like vegetables. I tried this recipe from Nava Atlas's Veg Kitchen Site, a green smoothie, made from kale, avocado, banana and hemp milk (I substituted spinach for the kale). After chilling I tried it, amazing. I never would have thought that I would eat vegetable, or even drink them. I prided myself on being a surly child and refusing what was good for me. And yes, this smoothie is chock full of nutrients that I as a vegan need. I add hemp hearts for an added kick and drink my smoothie at lunch with some tofu and multigrain on the side.  Now you really cannot tell my mother, not only do I eat veggies, but tofu as well! Next up, Kale Chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment